Wednesday, January 28, 2009

something for nothing

Ok so I've mentioned how thing have been a bit tight around here, but its a great challenge for me. I'm looking at it as a positive. I think it works right in to a creative lifestyle, I think some of my best work comes from when I have to make do with what I have. So here's the story of my new old pants........... last month I was in desperate need on some comfy pants to were around the house and in the shop while I'm working on slipcovers ect... but with Christmas right around the corner there was no money in the budget to go and buy something for myself so I started digging through my totes of fabric and found some old chenille that was given to me ( with the exception on the Daisy print ) over the past couple of years (you would be surprised what people will give you when they find out you sew:) anyhow I had an old pattern of my daughters for some pants so I altered it a little and viola! the most comfortable "house" pants in the world I just love them and they are perfect for out in the shop too. So if you happen to be dropping of a piece of furniture to be slip covered you will most likely find me in one of these pairs of pants, and the best part of all is that it only took a bit of my time!

The Daisy Chenille was from my friend over at pretty in pink designs what do you think Deanna?
lovin my new ... old pants!!!


3 comments:

Deanna said...

How Cool! I absolutely adore them Cyndi! Ebay sent me a fave sellers email this morning so I also saw that you have a pair up on Ebay, wishin' I was your size...in more ways than one! Very cute, maybe it's a project I should attempt as well. I was thinking about dismantelling an old pair that fits me well to use as a pattern instead of modifying a new one. It should work.

Angie said...

What a great idea! They do look so comfy.

Philigry said...

i love the house pants! they look so cozy!