Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Junk Bonanza Chair

partying with Pink and Polkadot
Well Junk Bonanza is almost here and I am finally getting started on some things to help fill in Claire's booth thus... this cute little number I love the legs and arms on it so I thought I'd try doing something new ( for me anyway ) I've not done one of these chairs with the exposed arms before.


I'm very happy with the way that it turned out although it did take awhile for me to figure out how to do that little bit around the back of the arm where I have the two buttons



All in all it was a good project I learned a lot! ( and still have most of my hair!! )





Here is the final before and after ( looks like I turned a boy into a girl huh! )





Details


Chair: Thrift Shop Find


Fabric: Mills End Textiles St. Cloud Store
2- 7/8 yards




7 comments:

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

Beautiful slip! So many nice elements to it!
I have one with arms like that in my garage I have to cover. They do take a lot of figuring! I've only done a couple and there are so many things I would change on them.
Oh well, I'm always learning.
Thanks for sharing this one.
Kelly

Deanna said...

It's gorgeous Cyndi! You always amaze me with your ingenuity! Will you be making a trip to visit the Junk Market as well?

angie said...

I love it Cyndi! While preparing for my class at the Summit, I learned a lot about those arm chairs. Still, each one is so different, it is like learning all over again when you do one.

Anonymous said...

I so love this chair, Cyndi. If Dave had his house there now I would insist on buying it for him. (me to enjoy when I'm there. :D) Anyway, you did an awesome job!

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

omygoodness! it looks beautiful! love the exposed arms!

Elizabeth and Gary said...

Just beautiful! I love the way your slip cover turned out, its so perfect and yes you did turn a boy into a girl, a very classy and adored girl! Who wouldn't want to take her home. I love the ruffles and the fabric is so pretty! This little number will fit in where ever she goes...
Have a sweet day, Hugs~Elizabeth

Lindy said...

I love all your slips - you add the best details to each!

I’ve been a “reader” for a while and love your blog. I’m a follower now~hope you can stop by and say hello.