Friday, March 26, 2010

Dropcloth Slipcover

O,K so before I get into my completed projects for the week I have to tell that I was the LUCKY girl to be chosen for an interview over at Threadneedle studio so if you would like to know a little bit more about how I get started doing what I do stop over and check it out. Angie has a great site with lots of inspiring work and fun posts. She really knows what she's doing!!

Now on to business. I'm getting closer to getting my to~do list from last week all finished up. This was one of the things that I had on it. A chair to slipcover for the The Hog Shed Done ~ 1 chair and I'm really liking it. the pillow was my inspiration for using the Drop cloth as the fabric

it was an old feedsack and the color and texture was really close. I wanted to do something fun on the back and I thought these extra large eyelets were perfect

Pictures not great but they are a brushed silver color



oh yeah and some other pretties for the shop too.



Have a great weekend
Cyndi


14 comments:

Megan Gunyan said...

This looks AWESOME! I love the detail on the back. I had the same thing on my wedding dress, so you know I'm a big fan! ;) Lovely work!

Unknown said...

OMG! The lacing up the back makes this PERFECT! So nice!
~Bridgette

Kolein said...

Just beautiful! Found you from Angie's! I just started sewing slip covers!!!

Day to Day at The Hog Shed said...

I can't wait to have them in the shop. The chair is great!! You are so talented....Claire

Cheryl said...

Love the slipcovered chair. Was it easy working with the drop cloth? I have this on my to do list for a wing chair.
The burlap sack pillow really makes the re do of the chair.

Philigry said...

hey! I already got the pillow! thank you so much, i love it. keep me in mind if you find anymore of those grain sacks!

angie said...

Cyndi! just great! I've yet to work with a drop cloth, but now I will have to give it a go.

Sarah said...

Love the slipcover! Where can I get one of those lovely ruffle bags? I must have one. Anyway, I just stumbled onto your blog and I am so glad. Thanks!

Cyndi said...

Serigirl, Thanks for the sweet complement glad you stopped in
the bags are availible at The Hog Shed's sale this month.

Alaina said...

Your slipcover is great, the back is stunning. You made this out of a dropcloth, I am interested to know if it is white or the off white dropclothes I see in the Home Depot and paint stores.

Anonymous said...

I am so impressed with the dropcloth slipcovered chair and the pillows are awesome. Love the effect. You never cease to amaze me!
Mom

savvycityfarmer said...

do you have things for sale somewhere?
the recreations are divine


I loved our chat ...
let's be friends

Kristi~The Slipcover Girl said...

love your chair! great job! I'm linking you on Friday! your bags are just gorgeous!

la maison LaFortune said...

I love dropcloths!! Versatile, sturdy and really nice and natural looking! Who could ask for more?