Thursday, January 15, 2009

Something fun for Ebay

After finishing up my latest "real" project in the workshop this week I decided to do some cleaning and organizing which included some purging too! This is a little chair was given to me by my sweet brother in law a couple of years ago knowing that I am a slipcoverer he picked up at a garage sale. It's a little doll chair( American Girl I think ). My original idea was to slipcover it and set it in the shop for decoration but things have gotten a little tight around here so I looked through my fabric stash and and found some cute fabric to cover it with so that I could list it on EBay and hopefully make a couple of extra bucks. I really like the way that it turned out. The fabric was perfect scale for this little set. I whipped it up yesterday and got it listed this morning. Hope someone will find it irresistible!
I have to admit the whole time I was putting it together I was remembering how much fun I had with all my baby dolls as a little girl... yes I was a baby doll girl! I loved them all.
Where you a baby doll girl too?


4 comments:

Philigry said...

that is so sweet! I love it. it will make a doll very happy someday!

Angie said...

How adorable! I know it must have been hard to give it up.

My sisters and I were paper doll girls.

Manuela@Pleasures of Homemaking said...

It's absolutely adorable! I'm sure you won't have any trouble selling it (you know everyone waits till the last minute to bid)!

Manuela

pretty*in*pink*designs said...

Too Cute! Good luck with Ebay! Thinkin' we should get together sometime this week! Anything fun happening in Hutch? I'll email you.