Wednesday, July 8, 2009

A Little Something for Gail & A Little Something for Me

Yes I've been in the shop lately! working on my favorite kind of project. A true Re-Creation This is a chair that was in need of a little dressing up for a new Client who Love's the white and off whites (me too!) and what a perfect way to approach the lighter color pallet then to make Washable slip covers. So that is what I did and the true Re-Creation part of the whole thing....

Well we got to re purpose some old things. The chair cover was, in its former life, a Shower curtain!! and....

This gorgeous foot stool slipcover was a bed spread at one time. I really like the way this gal thinks!! I love the way these projects turned out so much so that I needed a little something for myself ..



Which brings me to this little project. This is my desk chair that I will not be showing a before picture of because of that fact that I upholstered it in white (what was I thinking!) and it was DIRTY!!! so I finally broke down and got busy making a Washable slipcover for it. I love it


I found this fabric a few months ago and it's been sitting in the shop ever since. its like a burlap type fabric very heavy and durable. Yes, I think this will work!
Thanks for letting me share my Passion with you!




5 comments:

Philigry said...

holy moly! i love all of those! especially the white chair. i think i need one!

Angie said...

Everything is so beautiful. Glad you got to make something for yourself. I have a office chair very similiar to yours.

Deanna said...

Super Cute Cyndi! I'm always amazed at how you figure out to overcome sewing obstacles, at least I know both of those chairs would have been major obstacles for me! I love the texture of the shower curtain one especially.

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

Amazing projects as always! I love that ottoman! Sooooo pretty!
Manuela

Day to Day at The Hog Shed said...

love the chair's Great Job!