Friday, February 27, 2009

When I don't pay Attention!!!

Yeah so this is what happens when I don't pay attention!! I was so excited to do this chair for The Hog Shed But instead I get it for my own. Why? well because I did not make sure that it was in good sound condition before I snatched it up... it was free! yes, it was a little worn in places but it was free!!! it was not til I was about 3/4 of the way done with it when I noticed that the wings were a flappin just a little too much and there was a spring that was not springing!! This little baby was a labor of love as I did not spend any money on it Just my time all of the fabrics were just bits and pieces that I had in the whites bin and an old batten burg lace bed skirt. That's one if the reasons that I was so excited about the whole thing! because every thing ( except the zipper ) was recycled a true "Re-Creation" oh well now it has a nice little spot in my home for a while and then it may have to go into the landfill :( But for now its safe and sound !!
Have a great weekend

















4 comments:

Rue said...

Hi Cyndi :)

How sad that such a beautiful chair will one day have to meet that fate! It really is gorgeous :)

Thank you so much for your comment and I apologize for not getting over here sooner.

rue :)

Angie said...

Cyndi, once again a beautiful slipcover. I love how you used bits and pieces of lace. Beautiful!

Deanna said...

Man that sucks! Lesson learned huh... It's super cute, love the look of the piecing on it! You can always put it out on your next garage sale, as-is. You'd be surprised what people will snatch up. After all some people just need furniture to look pretty in a space and not actually have the need to use it. Too cute to trash I think.

Philigry said...

this chair is stunning! i love it. and i love that it was free!