Thursday, January 10, 2013

The Chair that never was

It's been awhile since I have visited this little space of mine, that's not because I've been sluffing off, really! 
This is a chair that I did for the shop last month, I was really pleased with the way that it turned out that is, until I went to unload it from the truck and found that it had what appeared to bleach marks all over the fabric they were so faint I didn't even see them until I was out in the bright sunlight.  I have not idea how they got there, so .... I decided that I would try and bleach the whole thing well..... that didn't work so I thought I'd dye the slipcover a deep brown and that didn't work either. so I ended up tossing the whole thing in the trash!!!!
 
 
oh yeah and did I mention that I lined the whole thing too. oh well I'm glad I got a couple of pictures of it before I tried to "fix" it.
Thanks for Stopping by  and I really am going to get better about posting projects.  Big plans for this New Year, Happy 2013!

1 comment:

Sherri said...

Beautiful (in spite of the trouble!) - love the back lacing detail :)