Saturday, January 15, 2011

A New Look for Marridee

Once again I did not take before pictures !!! but here are the afters. a sweet swivel rocker for a new grandbaby on the way I love the color and the print
and buttons down the back too.
Although this project turned out well the fabric that was chosen by my sweet client was too heavy so it was difficult to work with. This was not her fault and certainly not the first time this has happened, I'm just having a really hard time explaining to my clients what fabrics are appropriate for slipcovers as most of my consultations happen via email or phone. Any suggestions out there????

3 comments:

D said...

Very pretty. I LOVE the buttons on the back.

angie said...

Cyndi, one thing I tell my clients that the perfect weight is like a pair of dockers work pants. Also tell them nothing heavier than denim and nothing with a backing of any kind.

Although, even after telling them all that, it still doesn't help sometimes.

I now have clients bring or mail me a sample before I agree to take the job. There have been many times that I thought my machine would just up and quit in the middle of a job.

One job, I had to take to my upholstery friend to finish, and even then I popped the presser foot off his machine. And that was a heavy duty walking foot.

Luckily he knew how to fix it.

Slipcover Chic said...

Ohhhh that is so pretty. The same thing has happened to me. My throat plate on my walking foot machine came undone with the fabric. Never again. I just try and say 100 per cent cotton and no upholstry fabric. I have got one to do now that is iffy. But she doesn't want cording so I am going to give it a try.