Wednesday, November 17, 2010

A Cottage Cutie

I've been busy out in the studio lately and finally remembered to take pictures this time! This was my latest project A love seat, office chair and a cushion on a trunk ( that I forgot to take a picture of ) here is the before of the love seat and since I took the picture in the after noon you can see that the sun was shinning that day making for a crummy picture ... sorry Here is the office chair completed with the new cottage/vintage look, oh yeah that was the request from my client since she didn't want to do the fabric shopping she laid out her list of requests and I was to do my best to come up with something great! this made me a bit nervous cause you know how these things go ... when you are looking for something specific well that's when things can get very frustrating. I was lucky this time though. Here was the list

1~ she loves yellow so there had to be yellow
2~ a vintage look
3~ A cottage look mixing fabrics
4~ accent colors reds and green
5~ floral
6~ stripes
7 ~buttons please

I am happy to report it only took 2 trips to the fabric store to find this combination and I love love the way that it turned out.

Again a picture in the Afternoon sun sorry







since we had a variety of fabrics I gave her the option to make the cushions reversible so we did!



Buttons down the back!
so there you have it, a cottage cutie
I have to say these are my very favorite projects to work on. lots of colorful fabrics and the freedom to be creative. Don't get me wrong I love my white slipcovers I just don't have as much fun putting them together.
Have a great rest of the week

3 comments:

Cozy Cottage Slipcovers said...

I love the mix of fabrics!

I also love the back detail on the sofa and office chair!!

Kelly @ Much To Do With Nothing said...

So cute! It looks like you gave her everything she asked for.
Kelly

Deanna said...

So beautiful! She's gonna be thrilled! And who knew an office chair could be that cute!